The Sunday School Teacher’s primary responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Demonstrate proficiency in Quranic studies and/or Islamic Studies.
- Experience teaching Islamic studies and/or Quranic studies.
- For Qur’anic Studies, proficient knowledge in the rules of tajweed.
- Weekly lesson planning.
- Adherence to programmatic policies and procedures.
- Participation in out of classroom activities as assigned by the Principal.
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Pursuance or completion of a degree in higher education.
- Preferably with major coursework in education, human services, social sciences or Islamic scholarship.
- Experience in Islamic educational work or work in field related to education.
- Work experience in Masjid programs/event planning preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient using the latest versions of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; knowledgeable in database software; knowledge in online form builder tools desired.
- Ability to create positive working relationships with a diverse group of people.
- Qbility to work in a team environment.
- Professional, courteous and friendly personality.
$25 per hour (4 hours/week)
*Must be legal resident or citizen of the United States of America
ISWV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate due to age, sex, religion, race, color, national origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other factor prohibited by law. Qualified candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.