We are seeking to fill a position to supervise children during out of classroom time. The overall objectives for this position are to:
- To create interactive and entertaining activities that engage all students
- To provide support for Sunday School administration where appropriate
- To deliver an outstanding, professional and courteous service experience to the community of ISWV.
- Provide lesson plans outlining playground activities (daily play), events (contests, special games, etc.) that incorporate both boys and girls and differentiates based on ages.
- Maintains a safe and “fun” play environment, monitoring appropriate interactions and enforcing equitable participation (i.e. turn taking, sharing, etc.)
- Organizes and maintains play area and equipment
- Maintains appropriate communication with regards to students, equipment needs and any issues involving the play area.
- Supports administration and staff with set up, closing of the day where appropriate (the primary responsibility will be lunch and afterschool supervision)
- Execute special assignments related to job duties as assigned.
- Conduct all duties with professionalism and the highest standards of Islamic ethics and character.
- Excellent command of the English language, including basic composition, grammar, and punctuation, basic knowledge of computers and the Internet, including using programs such as outlook (e-mail, calendar, word-processing).
- Athletic (able to model activities and maintain and active presence in all areas while supervising), Knowledge of appropriate games and activities, knowledge of rules and etiquette for games and activities.
- Competence in communicating with student, staff and parents.
- Flexibility, good judgment and the ability to set priorities and respond to changes. A self-starter with the ability to work independently.
- High school diploma or equivalent (preferred)
- Previous experience coaching, working with children, designing play activities, working in Islamic school environments (preferred)
- Strong oral and written communication skills (preferred)
The position will be paid at hourly and compensation will be competitive with similar positions .
*Must be legal resident or citizen of the United States of America
ISWV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate due to age, sex, religion, race, color, national origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other factor prohibited by law. Qualified candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.