The role of the Quran Institute Director is to provide a welcoming and non-judgmental environment for all community members to learn the book of Allah regardless of where they are in their Qur’anic abilities. Programming will be offered on an ongoing basis with the support of others recruited and developed by the Director.
The QI Director is responsible for designing and implementing programs and services focused on increasing the interest and desire of community members’ to connect and further engage with the Quran. Programming may include educational classes, special activities and events designed to attract people to the Quran.
This is a highly collaborative role that requires a great deal of autonomy, good judgment, and the ability to see multiple projects through to completion. This is a full-time, non-exempt position that reports directly to the ISWV Executive Director.
- Plan, organize and implement Quran classes for all segments of the ISWV community including but not limited to:
- Quran Institute, Sunday School, Hifdth classes, Quran Halaqaat (study circles), summer intensive classes, Ramadan programs, and Ijaza certification.
- Recruit, cultivate and retain local community members for program participation and teaching.
- Lead daily prayer services.
- Outreach to regular and non-regular attendees of ISWV.
- In coordination with the Youth Director, implement youth specific programs and services.
- Work closely with ISWV’s Resident Scholar to optimize and coordinate services.
- Develop a one year operational and strategic plan containing the following:
- Measurable outcomes for recruiting and increasing the Quran Institute
- Measurable outcomes for increasing knowledge and reading abilities of community members o Process on how to integrate Quran services into other ISWV programs and services
- Financial strategy to generate funds for future sustenance of programs
- Create and maintain a database of participants
- Submit quarterly reports to ED
- Represent ISWV at meetings, partnerships and events when requested
- Meet with the ED monthly to discuss progress and receive feedback and suggestions
- Participate in trainings and conferences to further develop abilities.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the ED
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Pursuance or completion of a Bachelor’s Degree (preferred)
- Pursuance or completion of Ijaza from a qualified person/institution
- Minimum 2 years of experience in Islamic educational work or program development and implementation
- Memorization of the Quran preferred
- Fluency in English and Arabic preferred (spoken and written)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to interact with and relate to youth
- Proficient using the latest versions of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; proficiency in database software and/or online form builder tools desired.
- Detail-oriented, multi-tasking, and superb organization and time management skills.
- Ability to create positive working relationships with a diverse group of people
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Professional, courteous and friendly personality with all segments of the community
- Ability to anticipate project needs, discern work priorities, creatively solve problems, and meet deadlines with minimum supervision.
- Continually strive and conduct oneself in ways that foster unity and a sense of inclusion among all community members
- Available to work evenings and weekends.
Competitive salary depending on experience
*Must be legal resident or citizen of the United States of America
Health, dental and vision
How to apply:
Please submit a resume and cover letter to, Fiaz Zubair Syed at email@example.com