The Islamic Society of West Valley (SWV) serves a growing Muslim community in the San Fernando Valley. One of ISWV’s core tenets is to provide a wide range of programs and services to address all facets of the Muslim community. The Program Coordinator will play a significant role in the implementation of such programs and services.
- The Program Coordinator will serve as the primary support to ISWV’s Executive Director (ED) in the planning and execution of programs and services.
- The Program Coordinator is responsible for the advance planning, coordination and follow-up of all ISWV programs and services.
- The Program Coordinator is also responsible for tracking program timelines to ensure deadlines are met and for monitoring the effectiveness and success of programs/services.
This is a highly collaborative role that requires autonomy, good judgment, and the ability to see multiple projects through to completion. This is a part-time, non-exempt position that reports directly to the ISWV Executive Director.
The Program Coordinator’s primary responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Train program leads on the planning process and related policies
- Continuously keep ISWV’s ED up-to-date on relevant changes
- Collaborate with ISWV personnel, and in particular with Executive Council, to develop and maintain an annual calendar of programs and services
- Collaborate with the ED to understand the scope of programs and services, develop timelines for deliverables, and ensure planning is in line with approved budgets
- Collaborate with necessary personnel to reserve space for programs and services wherever they may be held
- Follow up with program leads pertaining to the planning process and specific to the following areas: facilities, culinary, media, marketing and print materials
- Follow up with leadership to obtain additional information, approvals and to provide periodic progress and status reports
- Assist program leads in closing out events to include lessons learned, participant surveys, and post-event reports
- Provide input on ideas to improve programs/services, policies/procedures and best practices
- Recruit volunteers and maintain an active volunteer database
- Carry out special projects for the ISWV Executive Director
- Attend all assigned meetings and manage said meeting agendas and logistics
- Maintain program email database
- Submit monthly project reports to ED
- Be present for all Sunday School and Friday Night Social programs/events/services
- Oversee social media related outreach/promotion
- Perform other related duties as assigned
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES:
- Two to three years of program or event planning experience (preferably in non-profit work)
- Experience in Masjid programs/event planning
- Pursuance or completion of a Bachelor’s degree (preferred)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient using the latest versions of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; proficiency in database software and/or online form builder tools desired
- Detail-oriented, multi-tasking, and superb organization and time management skills
- Ability to create positive working relationships with a diverse group of people
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Professional, courteous and friendly personality
- Ability to anticipate project needs, discern work priorities, creatively solve problems, and meet deadlines with minimum supervision
- Continually strive and conduct oneself in ways that foster unity and a sense of inclusion
- Available to work evenings and weekends
Competitive salary depending on experience
*Must be legal resident or citizen of the United States of America
How to apply:
Please submit a resume and cover letter to Fiaz Zubair Syed at email@example.com